Membership in ACEC of California means immediate benefits. Designed to specifically address the business needs of engineering and land surveying firms, the palette of ACEC of California products and services includes:
- Legislative Representation. ACEC of California provides a strong, unified voice for the private engineering and land surveying communities on local, state and national legislative issues. The American Council of Engineering Companies Political Action Committee supports worthy candidates and causes throughout California. Legislatively, our most recent achievement has been the passage of Proposition 35—a ACEC of California-led effort.
- Continuing Education. ACEC of California organizes quarterly continuing education seminars and workshops designed to keep members abreast of the latest technology, business, and legal and regulatory issues. All ACEC of California seminars qualify for Professional Development Hours toward ACEC of California’s Continuing Education Certificate program.
- Networking Opportunities. Meet and foster crucial business contacts at ACEC of California-sponsored events such as the annual convention or a seminar.
- Timely News. ACEC of California’s monthly newsletter, Update; the weekly periodical, Legislative Briefing; the annual magazine, Consulting Engineer; and this web site keep members informed of the latest industry news and changes affecting the business of design.
- Publications & Forms. ACEC of California offers a variety of business publications and forms to help member firms operate smoothly—and within the law. Among our most popular publications are the Subdivision Map Act, the California Environmental Quality Act and CEQA Guidelines, and standard contractual forms.
- Promoting the Professions. ACEC of California strives to promote and recognize the accomplishments of private engineers and land surveyors through its Engineering Excellence Awards competition, a strong public relations program, the Scholarship Foundation, and the Communication Foundation.
- Insurance Programs. ACEC of CaliforniaC offers six comprehensive health insurance programs for member firms.